Cross Functional Fitness Frequently Asked Questions
Most frequent questions and answers
Your first session is a taster session or a consultation depending on your goal. We basically have an informal chat guided by a quick form which I’ll help you to complete.
We’ll do a few informal tests on your mobility and flexibility which will help identify any adaptations we might need to make in your programme going.
The first session is a great opportunity for you to get to know me better and to help me understand what you want to achieve and how to get you there.
Yes absolutely! You’re welcome to bring a friend to train with you so you can progress together.
At Cross Functional Fitness you can train with up to three friends.
In order to maximise your session time and cut administration, Cross Functional Fitness operates on a pre payment basis using third party companies called Go Cardless or PayPal which run on a direct debit or subscription basis.
Here are just a few of the reasons we use Go Cardless:
- You only need to set up payment once – complete an online form and, unlike with a bank transfer, cash, cheque or card payment, you won’t have to remember to pay next time. Which means no accidental disruptions to your service, subscription or membership.
- Unless you change bank accounts, you won’t have to worry about updating your payment details either (unlike, if your debit card expires, or is lost or stolen).
- Paying through GoCardless gives you certainty. You’ll know exactly how much you’re paying and when it will come out, which can help with budgeting.
- With GoCardless you are notified that a payment is coming out in advance, giving you the chance to raise any issues about the payment.
- With Direct Debit, your payments are protected. For example, in the UK, you are fully protected under the Direct Debit Guarantee, meaning you have the right to cancel and receive a full refund for any payment taken in error.
- You can cancel the Direct Debit mandate at any time for example through your online banking, immediately stopping future payments (although this will of course affect access to your services).
- GoCardless is ISO 27001 accredited, (ISO 27001 is a widely recognised, internationally accepted standard for information security). It is also authorised by the UK Financial Conduct Authority to provide payment services as an Authorised Payment Institution across the European Union.
There’s more information available here
Sessions typically last between 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Unlike many Personal Training services, you’re paying for a service at Cross Functional Fitness rather than for an hour of my time.
For example, some sessions might take 45 minutes, some might wrap up in 50 and others we might not even get finished in an hour.
In order to provide you maximum benefit, I’m not going to keep throwing exercises at you just to fill up time. If I feel that 50 minutes has been of sufficient intensity and I can see how you’re feeling, I will simply finish the session then.
The earliest Personal Training sessions begin at 6am Monday through to Saturday.
If you want to train earlier than that you’ll have to come to my house and wake me up with some coffee.
Your first session back is very important after injury. If you try to pick up where you left off then it probably isn’t going to end well.
After clearance from your doctor or physio we’ll assess what level you’re currently at.
The nature of the injury you’re coming back from will also dictate how the session will look.
Absolutely. Cross Functional Fitness serves all ages from teens to 70 and beyond.
As we age we lose strength and joint mobility so regular exercise becomes even more important.
Cross Functional Fitness meets you where you are currently and enables you to gradually build up strength, balance and mobility appropriately.
The total number of people I can take for a Small Group or Semi Private Personal Training is 4.
This is to ensure I can give each individual the attention needed for a safe and effective workout.
Cross Functional Fitness is open on a booking basis from 6am – 9pm Monday to Friday, and 6am – 12pm on Saturday.
Personal Training is suitable for every level of fitness. One of my favourite parts of my job is working with such a variety of people from complete beginner, pensioner, mothers to be and athletes.
Another way to ask your question is, “My back is feeling really sore. Should I try and make it feel better before I go to the Physiotherapist?”
Give me a call and we can chat about what you’d like to achieve and I can get started on putting a plan together to ensure you achieve this as effectively as possible.
Cross Functional Fitness is currently based at 26 Moygannon Road, Warrenpoint in County Down.
You can also sign up for my Online Coaching service if you live a little further away.